13 comments
May 30, 2006
Previous Banner Next Banner
Previous Banner Next Banner
wow, Nice use of the format.

Looks great. For once I wanted sound in a banner.

Posted by:Ashley on May 30, 2006 7:05 PM

Nothing new.

Without creative concept, only fantastic art direction.

Posted by:Ferran on May 30, 2006 8:40 PM

That's what I said Hamish! :P

Posted by:Stuart Parkinson on May 30, 2006 10:59 PM

Yup, needs music - how could they not? Maybe it's broken?

@ Ferran - I agree something more enticing for a concept or call to action - this is a commercial put into a skyscraper. At least give me some sort of benefit, a new song, free download, etc - they are certainly building up brand awareness - but for those who are already familar - they will quickly look past it.

Posted by:carl decaire on May 31, 2006 12:59 AM

does apple still need to build brand awareness for iPod + iTunes?
i think not! this is just reinforcement through eye candy and it's a nice execution of it. 2cents.

Posted by:eric powell on May 31, 2006 2:49 AM

wicked banner, beautiful...agree with ashley, enhance with sound for full experience.

Posted by:Leanne (Aus) on May 31, 2006 10:13 AM

I'm starting to get really tired of these gigantic (kilobyte wise) banners. They must be fake. Come on, what website would allow a banner to be 500kb like this one? The limit when I make banners is usually 25-30kb maximum.

Posted by:Per on May 31, 2006 9:54 PM

dynamic and colors all well rounded up in this banner
cool stuff.

Posted by:laurent on May 31, 2006 10:37 PM

Some rich media ad formats like Eyeblaster's wallaper formats and other streaming options offer up to 2.2MB for the swf. How many of us actually ever see that opportunity in a media buy is probably pretty slim though... :)

Posted by:lrhb on June 15, 2006 9:38 AM

It looks nice only the colors are not on my taste. They are too powerful and can cause me troubles if looking for a long period. Otherwise I like the concept.

Posted by:Troubled Youth on January 11, 2007 1:30 AM

great banner, yes it lacks music, doesnt complete without it.

Posted by:pharmac on February 28, 2007 5:28 AM

Of course Apple doesn't need to build brand awareness. They are huge right now and all they have to do is to keep it this way. I think they did a wonderful job, as always.

Posted by:prevacid on March 13, 2007 10:52 PM

I have iPod suffle, its a real player

Posted by:online pharmacy on March 7, 2008 2:22 AM